The McCord House is a well preserved 1834 farm house in Palos Park, Illinois. Constructed by John D. McCord after he obtained the land in 1834, the home stayed in the original family for well over 100 years. Today, the home is used as a focal point for the artists in the general Palos community. Palos Park had developed as an artist’s community in the early 20th century, and it is fitting that the home now serves as a focal point to the McCord Gallery and Cultural Center. Classes, events and more information is available on their website.