Public Works Permits & Applications
Download important information and permits for your convenience from the
Palos Park Public Works Department.
and Culvert Information:
Homeowners Water Pipe
Sewer Connection Permit
Sprinkler Permit Application
Connection Permit Application
The Public Works Department functions under the authority of an elected Commissioner.
The Department consists of the Street Maintenance Division and Utility Maintenance
Division. In cooperation with the Finance Department, Public Works assists with Utility
Billing Operations. The Department employs a full time Director, three street maintenance
employees, two Utility maintenance employees and one or two seasonal workers.
The Streets Division operates out of a garage facility located at 8999 West 131st
Street. The Utility Maintenance Division currently operates out of the Pumping Station
located at 12101 S. Southwest Highway. The commissioner and the Director's offices are
located at the Village Hall, (708)448-2700.
The following is an overview of each Division's responsibilities. The crews
perform the work or in some instances oversee the activities of outside contractors.
1. Street maintenance and repairs, pavement patching, motor fuel tax
projects, shoulder work.
2. Storm water drainage system maintenance and repairs, in right-of-ways
and drainage easement.
3. Mowing of right-of-ways and public grounds.
4. Maintenance of equipment and vehicles used in operations.
5. Selective public building repairs and improvements.
6. Forestry concerns including tree removals, trimming and plantings.
7. Traffic and street name sign maintenance and repair.
8. Snow and Ice control operations.
Metra lot upkeep, mowing, landscaping, structural maintenance and snow
and ice control.
Utility Division Water Operations
1. Water plant system checks and maintenance.
2. Water sampling.
3. Pumping Station building maintenance and repairs.
4. Maintaining records as required by the regulatory agencies.
5. Reports as required by Village or regulatory agencies on operations.
6. Elevated tank site maintenance and upkeep.
7. Meter and MIU maintenance, repairs and replacements.
8. Meter reading of customers not on automated system>
9. Automated meter reading equipment upkeep.
10. Valve inventory, maintenance, repair and exercising.
11. B-box inventory, maintenance, repair and exercising.
12. Fire hydrant inventory, maintenance, repair and exercising.
13. Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Program.
14. New water connection inspections and record maintenance.
15. Water line locating for homeowners, excavators and contractors.
16. Related record maintenance.
Utility Division Sanitary Sewer Operations
1. Lift station checks and maintenance.
2. Sanitary sewer manhole inventory and inspection.
3. Sanitary sewer cleaning.
4. New sewer connection inspections and record maintenance.
5. Assistance with onsite violation notification and court response
6. Sanitary line locating for homeowners, excavators and contractors.
7. Related record maintenance.
Utility Billing Operations
1. Generates utility bills.
2. Imposes penalties and initiates collection procedures.
3. Responds to billing inquiries.
4. Issuing of permits for water and sewer connections.