Marie Arrigoni – Village Clerk
The Village Clerk:
- has the task of record keeping and book keeping for the Village and the Village Council. Many local government records and information must be kept, organized and made available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act. The Clerk keeps a record of all ordinances passed by the Village and the Council, all meeting minutes and licenses issued.
- makes information publicly available online. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their government is doing and how their tax dollars are spent.
- is the keeper of the village seal and must affix the seal to any official documents that require it.
- signs official and legal documents
- provides voter registration services
- processes business licenses
- is responsible for invoicing residents participating in special assessments
- provide newspapers with advance meeting agendas
- is responsible for creating the board meeting agendas and making them available to Council members and members of the public who attend the meeting.