Available for your event
The Palos Park Recreation Center is available for parties or recreational activities. You can rent the gym, the multi-purpose room or a variety of other rooms. Call the Recreation Department at 708-671-3760 for more details.
Great for any time of the year indoors or out. View our competitive pricing for your next party, sports event, meeting or special occasion.
Rental Fee Structure
|Type of Rental- Minimum 2 hours||Resident||Upp||Non-Resident|
|Gymnasium (150 max.)||$35/hour||$44/hour||$53/hour|
|Multipurpose Room (100 max.)||$40/hour||$50/hour||$60/hour|
|Multipurpose Room & Gymnasium||$60/hour||$75/hour||$80/hour|
|Community Room (50 max)||$25/hour||$32/hour||$38/hour|
|Village Green Park (Gazebo, ball field and picnic tables)||$35/hour||$44/hour||$53/hour|
|Village Green Ball Field||$25/hour||$32/hour||$38/hour|
|Centennial Park Ball Field at 12216 S. Will Cook Road||$25/hour||$32/hour||$38/hour|
|Game Supervision (w/gym rental) 2 Hour Minimum||$25/hour||$32/hour||$38/hour|
|Popcorn Machine (Supplies included up to 25 people)
Additional supplies in quantities of 10 ($10)
|Super Cooker Grill||$35/event||$44/event||$53/event|
• Rentals are accepted no less than two weeks prior a desired date.
• Rentals are accepted upon availability of the date and approval of the Recreation Director.
• A $150 refundable security deposit is due at the time of the rental.
• The balance of a rental is due two weeks prior the rental date.
• Payments accepted: cash, check or credit card.
• Insurance (if applicable) is due two weeks prior the rental.
• The facility will not be available until time stated on the rental agreement to include pre event preparation.
A $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from any monies paid to date if rental is cancelled less then 2 weeks prior to the rental date.
The Village of Palos Park reserves the right to cancel the scheduled event in cases of emergency or hazardous situations.
Indoor Rental Regulations
1. Applicants must show proof of residency to receive resident or unincorporated Palos Park rates. This applicant must make payments for the rental and is held directly responsible, by the Village, for supervision of the event
participants during the rental period.
2. The signor of the rental form, who must be 21 years of age or older, is held directly responsible by the Village for
the supervision of the event participants during the rental period.
3. A $150 refundable security deposit is required upon receipt of rental form.
a. Security deposits will be refunded within 3-4 weeks after the scheduled event if upon inspection the building is found in a reasonable and satisfactory condition. Unsatisfactory conditions could include:
i. Building not left in same condition it was found.
ii. Additional cleaning needed following rental.
iii. Serving of alcohol without the proper paperwork.
iv. Items brought into the rental not on the rental form.
v. Failure to adhere to times listed on rental form.
b. The building attendant on duty is required to complete a rental checklist concerning the usage of the facility
before and after the scheduled event.
c. The renter is responsible to the Village for any damages to the building and its facilities. Any repair and labor costs resulting from breakage or loss will be deducted from the security deposit. Costs incurred greater than the security deposit will be charged to the renter.
4. Final payment is due two weeks prior to the date of event by cash, credit card or checks made to the Village of
5. Cancellation Policy – There is a $50 cancellation fee. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the rental date
will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of monies collected to date. The Village of Palos Park reserves the right to
cancel the scheduled event in cases of emergency or hazardous situations without penalty.
6. All outside vendors need to supply the Village of Palos Park a certificate of insurance citing the Village of Palos
Park additionally insured. Document needs to accompany the final payment. e.g. DJ’s, attractions, entertainment
7. While decorations are allowed, they must not deface or damage any portion of the room. All items holding the
decorations in place must be removed.
8. A Holiday fee of 50% over the stated rental fee will be implemented to rental requests based on staffing availability.
9. Any kitchen equipment used by the rental groups must be cleaned and put back in appropriate locations.
10. Refreshments are not allowed in gym area. All food and drinks must remain in the lower level.
11. Only areas and equipment specified on the rental form will be available for use.
Outdoor Facility Regulations
1. Applicants must show proof of residency to receive resident or unincorporated Palos Park rates. This
applicant must make payments for the rental and is held directly responsible, by the Village, for
supervision of the event participants during the rental period.
2. The signor of the contract, who must be 21 years of age or older, is held directly responsible by the
Village for the supervision of the event participants during the license period.
3. A $150 security deposit is required upon receipt of permit application.
a. Security deposits will be refunded within 3-4 weeks after the scheduled event if upon inspection the
Village grounds and structures are found in a reasonable and satisfactory condition.
b. The organization or group utilizing the park area is entirely responsible for debris, litter removal, and
deposit of all garbage in the provided garbage receptacles on site.
c. Failure to compensate the Village for incurred expenses resulting from damage or debris clean up will
prohibit the individual/organization from future usage of Village grounds and facilities. Debris
removal will be deducted from the security deposit
4. Permit holder must make final payment two weeks prior to the date of event by cash, credit card or checks
payable to Village of Palos Park.
5. Cancellation Policy – There is a $25 cancellation fee. Any cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the
rental date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of monies collected to date. The Village of Palos Park
reserves the right to cancel the scheduled event in cases of emergency or hazardous situations without
6. Permit use is for the specified park area only and is limited to park boundaries.
7. Gambling is prohibited on park premises.
8. Use of fireworks is prohibited.
9. Erection of tents/canopies must be approved in advance by the Recreation Department.
10. All outside vendors need to supply the Village with a certificate of insurance citing the Village of Palos
Park additionally insured. Document needs to accompany the final payment. e.g. DJ’s, attractions,
entertainment tents and caterers.
11. Roadways must remain passable at all times during the outdoor special event and the event must not have
an adverse effect on the traffic patterns or the movement of emergency vehicles.
12. If necessary, traffic control may be required with costs to be reimbursed to the Village.
13. The local police are to be allowed access to all activities held in Village facilities.
14. Certain events of 100 participants or more require the presence of Uniformed Police officer. This
arrangement will be part of the Rental Agreement.
15. All events over 500 attendees are required to hire one police officer, if serving alcohol, two police
officers. The Recreation Department will assist in obtaining the police for the event and charge according
to Level C pay grade.
16. Organizations or groups are not allowed to charge admissions or activity fees unless authorized by the
Palos Park Village Council.
17. All decorations, banners, and temporary signs must be removed immediately following the outdoor
special event. No decoration/banners can be applied to the building or structures. Security Deposit will be
charged if staff needs to remove event decorations.
18. A Holiday fee of 50% over the stated fee will be implemented to rental requests based on staff
19. Private Parties that serve alcohol to their guests are required to have general liability insurance that
includes host liquor liability coverage naming the Village of Palos Park, its officials, employees and
volunteers as additional insured. Coverage can be found through the Village of Palos Park’s
intergovernmental risk pool IRMA (Intergovernmental Risk Management Agency) at
http://www.irmarisk.org/Public/TenetUserProgram-TULIP.asp. Proof of insurance and additional insured
status needs to accompany final payment two weeks prior rental. Glass containers prohibited.
20. The sale, service or consumption of alcoholic beverages shall be prohibited unless the proper
authorization therefore is applied for and granted in accordance with the following Section from the Palos
Park Village Code: Glass containers prohibited.
A. 808.25 SERVICE ON VILLAGE PROPERTY
The Mayor, as the local Liquor Control Commissioner, is hereby authorized to permit the service of
alcoholic beverages on Village property upon the following conditions:
a. The organization requesting the permission is a civic, charitable, fraternal or other type of
organization and not a commercial or business organization.
b. Statutory dram shop insurance is obtained and a temporary liquor license is obtained.
c. Supervision is adequately provided to assure compliance with State liquor laws.
d. The Police Department has complete access to the event or function and authority to
terminate said function if any violation of State or Village laws is evident. (Ord. 1993-31. Passed
B. Where a charge is to be imposed for the alcoholic beverages that are to be served and consumed, a
Class E limited or Temporary Special Event Liquor License must be obtained from the Village in
accordance with Chapter 808 of the Village Code, and a Special Event Retailer’s Liquor License (not
for profit) [235 ILCS 5/5-1 (e)] or Special Use Permit Liquor License [235 ILCS 5/5-1 (q)], as the
case may be, must be obtained from the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
Located behind the Recreation Center is the Village Green. The Green is frequently used for Village special events, as well as our seasonal soccer and softball leagues. To the East, between the Recreation Center and the Kaptur Center, home to Palos Park Village Administration and Palos Park Police, you will find the playground, two tennis courts, basketball hoop and sand volleyball court. Rent the super cooker at your next event!
Our newest park, Centennial Park is located at 12216 S Will Cook Road. This park has a full soccer field and softball diamond available to rent for your sport needs. Usage permits are needed for the Village Green and Centennial Park fields.