The McCord House is a
well preserved 1834 farm house in Palos Park, Illinois. Constructed by
John D. McCord after he obtained obtained the land in 1834, the home
stayed in the original family for well over 100 years.
Today, the home is
used as a focal point for the artists in the general Palos community.
Palos Park had developed as an artist's community in the early 20th
century, and it is fitting that the home now serves as a focal point
to the McCord Gallery and Cultural Center.