- Clerk’s Office
- Freedom of Information Act
- Freedom of Information (FOIA) Requests
Freedom of Information (FOIA) Requests
Any person requesting records of the Village of Palos Park may make such a request either in person, orally, or in writing at the Kaptur Administrative Center located at 8999 West 123rd Street. Such request should be made to Lisa Boyle, FOIA Officer at such address and if she is not present in person, you should see Kathie May, Deputy FOIA Officer. Another method would be by mailing, faxing, or emailing a written request to either Lisa Boyle or Kathie May specifying in particular the records requested to be disclosed and copied. All written requests should be addressed to the FOIA Officer at the address of the Kaptur Administrative Center. If you desire that any records be certified, you must indicate that in your request and specify which records must be certified.
*An online Freedom of Information (FOIA) form is available HERE. Please fill out the form and press Submit. The Village will receive your request electronically.
The fees for such records, if the person requesting the records wishes them to be copied, are as follows:
- First 50 pages, black and white, letter or legal size copies, no cost.
- Additional pages, black and white, letter or legal, actual cost to $0.15.
- Electronic records will be formatted subject to reimbursement for costs of recording medium.
- Color copies or copies in a size other than letter or legal shall be reimbursed to actual costs.
- Costs of certifying a record will be $1.
Records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge, as determined by the Village, if the person requesting the documents states the specific purpose for the request and indicates that a waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest. Waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest if the principal purpose of the request is to access and disseminate information regarding the health, safety and welfare or the legal rights of the general public and is not for the principal purpose of personal or commercial benefit.