Some of the programs we offer include, Child Safety Fingerprinting, a Police Cadet program for teens, and an Emergency Service and Disaster Agency (E.S.D.A.) plan. A Vacation Watch program, Home Safety checks. The “You are Not Alone” program which provides for senior well-being checks and the File for Life program. Additionally we offer a Senior Safety I.D. Bracelet program and a volunteer Citizen on Patrol Service (COPS).
We work very closely with the Orland Park and Palos Heights Police Department’s; we also train jointly with their officers. We are part of the Southwest Suburban Major Case Unit and the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force.
The Palos Park Police Department is a very service oriented organization and we place quality service first and foremost.
Our mission is to provide our citizens, employees, visitors and business community quality public services through innovative public/private/intergovernmental partnerships and programs thereby offering expanded economic opportunities and safe family neighborhoods.
Goals and Objectives
The Palos Park Police Department will strive to provide the citizens of Palos Park with the most community focused, efficient and effective police service available within the confines of existing resources. The Palos Park Police Department will attain its goal by the following objectives.
• Have innovative, honest, responsive leadership.
(The staff should never be satisfied with the status quo, but always seek ways to improve all of the department's operations. The staff will set the tone of professionalism, integrity, hard work and receptivity to change. Perfection will be expected.)
• Provide realistic departmental guidelines and policies.
• Recruit and retain the best possible police officers.
• Provide quality training for every entry level of the organization.
• Promote police conduct that is responsive and sensitive to the needs of the community.
• Provide crime fighting tools to improve the utilization of patrol and investigative resources in the identification, arrest, and conviction of individuals committing criminal activity within our jurisdiction.
• Require a professional work ethic and professional work product by officers engaged in routine police duties, and preliminary and follow-up investigations.
• Enhance the role of department personnel in the planning and development process.
• Recognize exceptional work by police employees.
• Stress the responsibility of all employees to be accountable to the department and the community for all his/her actions.