Palos Park Clubs
Palos Ladies Social Club
The Palos Newcomers Club has changed the club name to the Palos Ladies Social Club. Members meet from September through May on the last Thursday at a local restaurant or country club for lunch and program. They do not meet in November, but in December they usually go to the Drury Lane Theater in Oakbrook on the first Thursday. Other activities are a book club, bridge or canasta group, needlepoint and some bus tours. For information, call Membership Chairman at 708-448-6598.
Palos Lions Club
The Palos Lions Club proudly serve the communities of Palos Heights and Palos Park. The club members share in a core belief that our community is what we make it, because we help where help is needed. The Lions Motto ” We Serve ” is what the Lions of Palos is all about. They continue to serve with this in our hearts as did those who have gone before us.
Palos Park Senior Club
Residents and non-residents over the age of 60 are invited to join the Palos Park Senior Club. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month from Noon - 2 p.m. in the lower level of the Recreation Center. 8901 W 123rd Street, to share information and ideas. Lunch will be served for a small fee meeting. If you would like to join the club or have some suggestions, please call at 708-480-4103. Information on the next meeting is available on the Community Calendar.
Palos Park Woman’s Club
Palos Park Woman’s Club was founded in 1902 and has been a driving force in the many developments in the Village of Palos Park. With a current membership of about 70, the club’s purpose is to promote cultural, educational, wellness and civic interest as a charitable organization. The Woman's Club is always involved with Village activities and is in charge of Sell It Again Palos, an Annual Blood Drive and offers yearly scholarships and much more. The Palos Park Woman's Club meets the second Thursday of the month, September through April, (not in November), at the Palos Park Presbyterian Church with an installation dinner at an area restaurant in May. The meetings start at 10 a.m. Doors open at 9:30 am and include a business meeting, a luncheon and entertainment. For membership information and up-to-date information access their online resource, ( http://palosparkwc.wordpress.com ) visit them on Facebook, contact by phone at 708-448-8248, or send an email. (email@example.com).
Below is a partial list of the contributions The Woman’s Club has graciously made to the Village of Palos Park. Thank you to everyone involved in this wonderful organization for all their hard work and generosity.
- Working Through Palos Township, Provides Easter Baskets for Children in Need on a Yearly Basis
- Scholarships Are Offered To Andrew, Sandburg and Stagg High School Students
- Money Designated for Palos Park Library and Police Contributions Designated For Palos Park Recreation Department, Library, Police, Cadets and Fire Department
- Yearly Purse Auction Provides Much Needed Funds to an International Charity (Chairperson's Choice)
- Valentine/Christmas Cards Containing Money For Illinois Veteran's Home at Manteno
- Used Greeting Cards Sent to St. Jude's Ranch For Children
- Pop Can Tops for The Ronald McDonald House
- Collect Plastic Bags for Recycling
- Sponsorship for Autumn In The Park
- Fundraisers: Farmer's Market White Elephant Sale, Sell It Again Palos, Autumn In The Park Hot Dog Tent
- Philanthropic Endeavors: The Center Scholarship, The Crisis Center, District 118, District 230, Contribution to Andrew, Sandburg and Stagg High School Graduation Parties, McCord Gallery, The Palos Food Pantry, Palos Historical Society, and Prevention of Child Abuse, Illinois