The Palos Park Police Department recognizes that we are all stakeholders in the community.
The Palos Park Police Department is offering a voluntary camera registration program which is open to residents and businesses. This program will let PPPD know that you have security cameras and you’re willing to share the footage if we’re investigating a crime in the area.
Many of our residents and business owners utilize security cameras to deter crime. However, when crimes occur, cameras provide valuable evidence that aides in the investigation process.
Registering your cameras is completely free and voluntary. The Palos Park Police Department will NOT have direct access to your cameras. Your information will be kept confidential and you can contact us at any time to withdraw your registration.
The registration process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. Simply click the link below that says “Camera Registration”, complete the registration form, and click “Submit”.
After you register, a member of our investigation unit will contact you via email to confirm your registration.
• Registration in the program is voluntary.
• Registration can be withdrawn at any time.
• There is no cost associated with registration.
• Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Palos Park Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
• A registrant will only be contacted by the Department if a criminal incident has occurred in the vicinity of the registered camera.
• Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Village of Palos Park and / or the Palos Park Police Department by participating in this program.
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact Sergeant Chris Hughes (708) 671-3770.