NOTICE OF EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued an Excessive Heat Warning in effect Friday July 19th 10:00 am until Saturday July 20th 7:00 pm.
Residents are reminded during hot weather to:
• Drink plenty of fluids
• Try to stay in the shade or indoors as much as possible
• If working outside, take frequent breaks, preferably in an air-conditioned space
• Check on elderly neighbors and those with functional needs
• Take pets indoors and make sure they have plenty of water
• Never leave children or pets unattended in a vehicle
Residents who do not have access to air conditioning are encouraged to take advantage of cooling centers. The Village of Palos Park has established cooling centers at the Metra Station open throughout the weekend, at the Kaptur Center (Village Hall) 8999 W 123rd St. on Monday - Friday 9 am – 5 pm or as needed, and the Recreation Center 8901 W 123rd St. Monday - Friday 9 am – 5 pm or as needed.
Should you need assistance during this time of extreme heat, please call 911 or the non-emergency line at 708.448.2191.
If you are worried about a home bound neighbor or senior contact 708.448.2191 and we will conduct a well-being check. Police Officers will be conducting well being checks on the many senior that are part of our “You Are Not Alone program.”